In response to the COVID19 crisis, El Centro Hispano has created the COVID19 Crisis Response Fund to address the needs of community members and families that:
- live paycheck to paycheck who have or will lose income due to the closings of places of work;
- and/or– have multiple children and will be forced to stay home;
- and/or– may have people who are likely to get sick with COVID19, adding a substantial burden to families;
- and/or– families who may need assistance in meeting their needs during this crisis living in Wake, Orange or Durham County.
Priority will be given to families/applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Homes with multiple children under the age of 13 or people over the age of 65 in the household,
- People who have lost all or significant sources of income due to the COVID19 Crisis,
- Households with people who are sick due to COVID19,
- Homes currently and actively participating in ongoing programs at El Centro Hispano (like tutoring, support services, groups or CEL
Funds will NOT be given to people directly but will be distributed in the form of goods needed by the household not available in the ECH food pantry.
Funds can be used for materials like, but not limited to:
- Perishable food (milk, eggs, meat, fruits, and vegetables, etc)
- Non-perishable foods (canned food, pasta, grain products, etc.)
- Cleaning materials (soap, surface cleaners, disinfectant spray, paper towels, etc.)
- Personal hygiene materials (hand sanitizer/soap, toilet tissue, toothpaste, etc.)
- Over-the-counter medical equipment (thermometers, masks, gloves, electrolyte solutions, etc.)
- Child/baby products (formula, diapers/wipes, etc.)
Funds cannot be used for materials like, but not limited to:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco/ vaping products
- Non-healthy food options (sodas high in sugar, potato chips, candy, etc.)
- Cosmetics/clothing– or other non-essential items.
If you were to be granted support form this fund, you will be responsible for picking up the materials at a designated location.
We will review your application and reach out to you in 24-48 hours with a response.