With health and safety as our top priority, El Centro Hispano remains deeply committed to contain and prevent the spread of COVID-19. To help do that, we have implemented new procedures and adapted to new changes of life to maintain continuity while ensuring the safety of our employees and the general public.
El Centro Hispano expects to reopen on a limited basis on June 1, 2020 at the Carrboro-Chapel Hill and Raleigh locations. Our Durham office will be closed until further notice for in person services, following state and county guidelines and protocols.
We have decided at this time to cancel all in-person events for the rest of the year, including Festival Latinoamericano and El Centro Hispano Gala. We did not come to this decision lightly: the safety of our staff, volunteers, attendees, and many others is paramount.
Starting on June 1st, we are requesting the public to call our offices to schedule an in-person meeting at the Raleigh or Carrboro-Chapel Hill offices. Our team will review your request and will determine if you should come to the office or if it can be solved by phone. In addition, we have put the following safety precautions into place:
- When you arrive at the office, please call us to let us know you are here. One of our staff will let you know when we are ready for you to come in. Please use your car as a waiting area to reduce the amount of people in our office.
- You must wear a face mask/covering the entire time you are in our facility. We ask that you bring your personal face mask/covering as medical (surgery) masks are extremely limited.
- We are requesting you to please not bring children unless necessary. Only the person who needs the service will come in.
- PLEASE call and reschedule your appointment if you have recently been sick (fever or cough) or exposed to anyone who has been sick.
VIRTUAL CUSTOMER CARE
As always, we’re here for you over phone, email or social media channels. Please reach out to our team if you need assistance to the following numbers:
Durham: (919) 687-4635
Carrboro-Chapel Hill: (919) 945-0132
Raleigh: (984) 260-8582
El Centro Hispano will continue expanding educational opportunities for personal growth and development of our community members by offering our signature classes in a virtual format. For the latest information about our classes schedules, please visit our social media and website.
WORKPLACE SAFETY MEASURES
For the offices that are reopening, in addition to the policies described above, we have put the following safety precautions into place:
- Increase disinfection of frequently touched surfaces and equipment.
- Install more hand sanitation dispensers.
- Increase outdoor air ventilation.
- Pre-screen staff by taking their temperature and assessing symptoms prior to starting work.
- Require staff to wear a face shield and mask.
- Practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet from other people whenever possible.
- Encourage staff to wash their hands more frequently and advise employees to stay home if they experience sickness symptoms.
During our fight against COVID-19, we also want to encourage everyone to take steps to slow the spread. Our team is excited to see you all again. Your patience and understanding during these trying times is appreciated.