Based on the recommendations of local governments and North Carolina health department authorities, El Centro Hispano is taking the following measures for the well-being and health of our staff and community in general:
- We are continuously cleaning our offices and making sure that our staff and their families are healthy.
- We will avoid hugs, handshakes and greetings by kissing.
- If you feel sick and need our services, we ask that you consult us by phone, social media or to the following emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
- If you feel sick and need our help personally, please use face masks and clean your hands with hand sanitizer available at front desk.
Changes to our programs and services:
- Durham on Tuesdays and Thursdays will continue from 9 AM -11 AM and from 6 PM until 8 PM.
- Durham on Mondays and Wednesdays are canceled until March 27 or until further notice
CITIZENSHIP CLASSES are suspended and will return in September at both offices.
PRESCHOOL CLASSES will take place virtually (Antonio Alanís 919 687-4635 Ext: 133)
- Durham will be performed virtually (Antonio Alanís 919 687-4635 Ext. 133)
- Carrboro it will be held virtually from March 30 to April 3 or until further notice (Antonio Alanís 919 687-4635 Ext: 133)
COMPUTER CLASSES in Durham and Carrboro will be virtual (Antonio Alanís 919 687-4636 Ext: 133)
HiSET CLASSES in Durham will be virtual (Antonio Alanís 919 687-4635 Ext: 133)
PLAZA COMUNITARIA in Durham and Carrboro will be virtual (Antonio Alanís 919 687-4635 Ext. 133)
SPANISH CLASSES continue online
DACA FORUM is postponed until a new date is decided
CREATING COMMUNITY meetings are canceled until March 31
SUPPORT GROUPS continue as planned, maintaining the relevant cleaning recommendations
FAITH ID the April 18 event in Siler City with El Vínculo is postponed and we will have a response on March 16 about the April 14 event in Henderson.
DEFERRAL PROGRAM will be analyzed and the decision to continue or not will be made with the participants
ENTRE NOSOTRAS SEWING WORKSHOP will be analyzed and its continuation / suspension will be decided with the participants
COMMUNITY OUTREACH EVENTS will be suspended until March 31
LEGAL CLINICS please communicate with (Miriam Antelis 919 687-4635 Ext: 121)
COMMUNITY SERVICE continues as regularly scheduled.
VENTANILLA DE SALUD IN THE CONSULATE OF MEXICO continues to serve the community. Hand sanitizer, face masks, and latex-free gloves will be used while supplies last
HEALTH PROMOTERS PROGRAM will be postponed until further notice
NUTRITION PROGRAM will be postponed until further notice
VISITS TO NC – VASS FARMERS ASSOCIATION will be suspended until further notice
UNIDAD MÓVIL will continue with its activities if it has precautionary materials such as face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer
CEL will implement a text or WhatsApp communication system to continue providing services to workers and employers.