Hola! Come Learn + Share What opportunities are Available for Your Youth (ages 12-24) @ el Centro.
Jóvenes Líderes en Acción is an El Centro initiative to support and provide resources to Latinx youth and their families/caretakers. Our program is designed to create opportunities for personal growth and academic advancement. Students can join the program as they begin high school and continue until their second year of college.
By participating they will have access to:
- Monthly Activities + Service Learning Opportunities
- College Preparation + Academic Achievement
- Life Skills + Career Readiness
- Social/Environmental Justice Education + Leadership Development
- Mental Health & Wellness Support
Some of our current partners & supporters include:
- Unidos US
- Latinx Ed
- The Society for Hispanic Professionals
- Emily K Center
- Made in Durham
We will be hosting two Info Sessions Online in January 2021
[Jan 28 @ 5. 30-6.30 pm // Jan 30 @ 11am-12pm]
Our goal is to provide better youth resources to El Centro’s families with the hopes it will provide opportunities and resources for the entire community.
What we expect from the meeting is…
- To share about our JLA program.
- To gather input on your youth’s needs.
- To spread the word and invite other youth to join.
Parents and youth are welcome to join us. We will provide interpretation in Spanish.
You can now register for our ZOOM meeting below:
Click here to register for Jan 28 @ 5.30 pm
Click here to register for Jan 30 @ 11a m